Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Final thoughts

      As a future teacher, I don't think I can ever complain about class size after going to Uganda. Seeing 50 plus students in a classroom with only one teacher, gave me instant anxiety, yet the teachers taught as if there were 23 students in the room. The students worked on their assignments and stayed on task. The teachers were able to provide support to the students who needed it. I was in a state of wonder when it came to the students handwritting. It was beyond perfect.
       Classroom management was nonexistent due to the students all being prepared and focused to learn. As a future teacher,  I plan to share my stories of the students in Uganda, this way students won't take their education for granted. We are able to have free public education, with so many resources. We are beyond fortunate to have worksheets available to us, working WIFI and more. This trip has humbled me completely.



No comments:

Post a Comment