Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Coming home

       Leaving Uganda was bittersweet. I learned so much from this trip. I feel like this trip was offered to me at the perfect time in my life. I was able to truly appreciate my time and purpose. I learned so much about the world around me, not just from going aboard but having different traveling partners from different walks of life. Uganda is a beautiful country filled with amazing people, everyone is so welcoming and kind and truly grateful for us to come and teach them strategies that we use in our local classrooms with students here in the states.
         I am beyond grateful for the outlook the students provided me with their passion for education and learning. I can honestly say that it was a breath of fresh air being in a classroom where all the students were on task working, engaged and wanting to be in their class. I'm a college student and I don't feel like that. It also made me realize how fortunate we are in the states with our class sizes. Some classes had up to 50 plus children in them. This trip was beyond a great experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment