Monday, February 18, 2019

We're going to Uganda

        When I heard about this trip, I was excited. I'm currently in my last semester of college before I Student Teach in the fall. My college career hasn't been the typical story of graduating from high school and going straight to college. I took two years off before I knew I wanted a future in education. With me being a commuter student, starting part-time and working through school, I always felt like I was missing out on the “college experience” A few friends of mine have traveled abroad with their classes or spent a semester overseas, to make their experience richer. I honestly didn't think I would ever be able to have this experience, or honestly feel like a college student.

       When I heard about the trip, I felt like it was at the perfect time in my academic career. I would learn so much about myself, stepping out of my comfort zone of traveling with people I didn’t know, going aboard for the first time and learning from a fellow teacher. I am looking forward to all the new experiences this trip has to offer. I can’t wait to collaborate with different people and gain further information. I am beyond excited to start this experience and see what Uganda for the first time.

1 comment: