Monday, March 28, 2016

Reflections



I wanted to share just a few of the many photographs I took while in Uganda. They illustrate the natural beauty of the Bududa district and the warm spirit of the people who call it home. 



The children of the Arlington Junior School greeted us in a variety of ways during their Welcome Ceremony. Here the choir is singing to us in their sun-filled courtyard. 



At the Arlington Junior School, teachers Jemema and Moses graciously shared their P4 class with me. Thank you teachers and students!


Rob brought smiles and giggles to children (and adults) wherever he went. Here he is goofing around with students at the Bumwalye Primary School. Laughter has no language barrier!


 Ryann sharing fun times and smiles with some girls on the sports field at Arlington Junior School. 


Here I am with a very special friend who helped me climb up AND down Mt. Nusu! 


This was the sunset as we walked back to the Guest House from the Arlington Junior School. It was such a beautiful and tranquil end to a happy day. 



I am humbled and grateful to the children, teachers, staff, and parents of the Arlington Academy of Hope near Mbale, Uganda. My experiences there will never be forgotten. Thank you. Sue  

1 comment:

  1. Suzanne I really like what you have done with your blog. These are some nice pictures that you have shared with us.

    ReplyDelete