Friday, February 5, 2016

Getting ready!

I've been excited about our upcoming trip to Uganda for a long time, and finally our departure date is less than a month away. When I spent time at the Arlington Academy of Hope last summer, I got to observe many classrooms at the Arlington Junior School and the outreach schools. I was inspired by the enthusiasm at the school -- the teachers are so dedicated and seem to really love their work and their students. We are going to deliver a teacher training workshop, but I am looking forward to once again learning from the AAH teachers too.

I have lived, worked, and travelled in more than a dozen countries on the African continent, and bringing students who are experiencing this part of the world for the first time is a special treat. In 2012 I took Marymount students to Senegal and they helped me to rediscover the wonder of seeing Senegal with new eyes. I can't wait to travel with this group!

No comments:

Post a Comment